Sunday 14 January 2018

GCSE Options!

Hello everybody! This week I’m going to be picking my options for my GCSEs (eek!) so I thought I could tell you what I’m thinking of choosing!
Well for starters at my school we have to take either History, French or Geography as one of my options and then we have two other options to pick. So for starters I think I’ll be (hopefully) taking History as not only do I enjoy it, but my grades in it are relatively high; not only this but the teachers like me as a student and enjoy teaching me (probably) so there should be no reason as to why I couldn’t actually take History as an option. Secondly I would like to talk about the other options a can take and then move onto what else I will be choosing; so essentially I could still pick the other two humanity options (French or Geography) any of the Home Economic subjects (Fashion and Textiles, Food and Nutrition, Design Technology or Art and Design) any of the BTEC subjects (Media, Buisiness Studies, I.T., Sport, Future Pathways or Dance) and any of the Performing Arts (Dance, Drama or Music) and without a doubt I have forgotten tons of subjects. So my second option that I was thinking of studying was French as I take quite a large interest in the language and the culture, I’m rather good at it, the teachers seem to like me and it helps with getting into universities. For my third and final option I would really enjoy taking Drama as I love to perform but unless I’m taking on a role and playing a character I freeze up and can’t perform, so Drama really helps me to come out of my shell and express myself in the art of acting. Not only this but my school is a performing arts college (soon to be academy) so we are decked out with the finest and top or the range equipment for us to use, which would make studying Drama even more fun as well as the fact that it’s 60% practical and 40% theory and I exceed in practicals and also it would be a nice enjoyable break after all of my other entirely academic subjects which are mandatory. So other than my options I have to take Chemistry, Physics and Biology which do involve some practical but not a tonne, I also have to take English Language, English Literature and Mathematics which have no practical whatsoever. French has some practical in terms of speaking and History has none so Drama would add a relaxing element to my week.
Thanks for reading and I hope you come back next week for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment