Sunday 21 January 2018

Options! (Reviewed)

I may have changed my mind... As you probably already know I was going to pick Drama, History Andy French for my GCSEs, however I have changed my mind about 2/3 of those. So without further ado let’s get right into it.
Drama. Well I’m just gonna’ be straight about it, I spoke to some students about the course and I decided that it didn’t really tickle my fancy too much. As much as I like Drama I wasn’t too keen on the way it was assessed either; they take you out to see a play [The Caucasian Chalk Circle] and you must write an essay on it and then do a test on it. Now the interesting part, what I’ve swapped it for. It may appeal to you to know that I decided to pick Textiles instead of Drama, mostly because I perform better in Textiles, it’s 60% corsework and 40% examination. The way the exam works is you take your coursework in with you to your [TEN HOUR!!!] practical exam where you will create an item of clothing or an accessory based of of the theme that the exam board has set; which, overall, is far more my liking and seems to be at a much better pace.

Now, History. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea but the students put me off. It is 100% exam and fact that you must remember and I just don’t like that. I have chosen to replace it with art which is exactly the same as textiles but instead of creating an item of clothing or an accessory that the exam board has set a theme around you are creating a piece of artwork (usually drawn), yet again, based around the theme the exam board has set. Now I hear you saying “Grace! But do you really want TWO ten hour exams!” And to be completely  honest, yes.
That’s about it for now but there will be another post coming in a couple of days, so check back in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment